An FHA loan is a loan insured against default by the FHA. In other words, the FHA guarantees that a lender will not have to write off a loan if the borrower defaults, the FHA will pay. Because of this guarantee, lenders are willing to make large mortgage loans.
Expert Partners Agree
MJW Financial helped us remortgage our house for a lower interest rate. I chose MJW because they had an A rating which they definitely lived up to. First of all, they were kind and respectful, next they were always “Johnny on the spot” getting the process started right away, keeping the paper process going and always being there with an answer whenever I had a question. They were always available and approachable for questions, never made me feel bad for asking questions. I really was glad I went to them and if I had it to do over again, I would make the same choice. I totally recommend them. I give them an A+ rating.
Jennifer - Refinancing
STEPS TO SECURING A FHA MORTGAGE LOANBelow is a brief summary of the mortgage loan process. Please note, this process is not concrete and certain steps of the process may change based on individual situations.
- Potential borrower completes loan application, though MJW website or speaking to an MJW loan officer
- MJW pulls credit of potential borrower
- Potential borrower sends in income and asset information to MJW for verification (see list below)
- MJW sends pre-approval letter to real estate agent and borrower – which allows borrower to start browsing potential homes
Loan Process Begins
- Borrower puts offer on potential home
- Accepted purchase contract is sent to MJW by borrower and/or real estate agent
- Simultaneously, borrower contacts insurance agent to get initial quote for new home purchase. Borrower provides MJW with contact information for insurance.
- MJW discusses rates with borrower
- Initial disclosures – which include information previously sent plus additional information requested by loan officer
- MJW submits to underwriting.
- MJW orders appraisal of potential home
- MJW receives initial underwriting approval with conditions (i.e. additional items the underwriter is requesting for verification)
- MJW sends back appraisal and conditions to underwriting for review
Additional Requests by Underwriter
- If underwriter has additional request after initial conditions are reviewed, borrower to provide additional documents
- MJW sends back to underwriting for further review.
- Refer to number 3 above for following steps
Clear to Close Issued
- Closing documents (i.e. financial loan documents, mortgage, note) ordered and sent by MJW to title company
- Title company prepares Closing Disclosure Settlement statements (i.e. a document that shows all fees being charged)
- Lender approves Closing Disclosure and sends wire information to title company for closing. Borrower is provided copy of Closing Disclosure so they can prepare for financial closing